As you know if you follow us regularly, for us the Dents du Midi are “the most beautiful mountains in the world”. Benoit grew up at the foot of this emblematic mountain range of the Chablais region and Fabienne has spent a good part of her weekends there since she was young (and when we are in Switzerland, we now live in Morgins, at the foot of the Dents du Midi).
So when Fabienne, the president of the Dents du Midi tour association and manager of the Auberge de Salanfe, offered us to be hired to create a digital guide of the Dents du Midi tour, we didn’t hesitate for a second! To be hired to document and promote our beloved region in the best possible was, is pretty much the definition of a dream project in our eyes!
So during the summer of 2021, we went back on the trails of the Dents du Midi tour and its different alternative routes to photograph, take notes in order to create the best possible guide that will help future hikers to prepare and realize this magnificent trek. We are now very proud to present you the result of our work and we are looking forward to know what you will think about it.
Who is this ebook for?
This guide is for anyone who wants to do the Dents du Midi tour or one of its alternative routes (such as the ascent of the Haute Cime, the ascent to the Refuge des Dents du Midi, the Chalin hut or the Lac de Soi). You will find all the necessary information to prepare this hike, detailed maps, practical information along the way etc… all without having to weigh down your backpack with a paper guide.
And if you are still hesitating to go on the trails of this magnificent hike, here are some pictures that should convince you 😉 :
Presentation of our Dents du Midi tour ebook
To give you a better idea, here is a brief summary of what you will find in our ebook:
- A general presentation of the Dents du Midi tour
- All the information you need to prepare your hike (what to bring, the rules of the huts, what to know if you want to do the hike with your tent, important information if you hike with your dog…)
- The detailed description of all the official stages of the tour (all the maps, distances, elevation changes, walking times, many photos)
- Detailed description of several alternatives of the tour (Haute Cime, Dents du Midi refuge, Valerette, tête de Chalin, lac de Soi, Aiguille de Mex)
- All the information on the different accommodations of the tour.
- A section to help you evaluate your level and choose a suitable itinerary (with or without alternatives) over 2, 3, 4 or 5 days.
- a small double-sided booklet to be printed with the map of the tour, the key data of the stages as well as the important phone numbers.
- a folder containing all GPX and KML files of the stages and alternatives of the tour
As you can see, the idea was to create the most complete and least cumbersome document possible. Thanks to the digital guide, you will have everything you need to prepare for this magnificent hike, which you can also easily consult on your phone along the way.
Moreover, thanks to the GPX and KML files, you will have all the tracks in your pocket using your favorite hiking application (suisse mobile, alltrails, maps.me…). And finally, for people who also like to have a map with them, we have created this small leaflet to print that you can easily slip into a plastic pocket to take with you.
The ebook costs 10€ and you can easily get it by clicking on the link below:
Overview of the Dents du Midi tour ebook
In order for you to have a better idea of what this guide looks like, we share with you below a small preview with the table of contents and a few pages of the document:
Note: on the sales page of the book, you can also download a preview containing the first pages of the guide
How to buy the ebook?
To buy the Dents du Midi tour ebook, it’ s easy! All you have to do is:
- Go to the sales page of the ebook
- click on “Buy Now”
- Enter your email address and choose to pay by paypal or credit card.
- Once the payment is made, you will receive an email with a download link allowing you to download all the files (the guide, the booklet, the GPX tracks).
We sincerely hope that this guide will be your best ally to prepare this hike and to help you once on the trails of the Dents du Midi tour. You should find absolutely all the information you need in a space-saving format with a digital guidebook, the printable brochure and GPX/KML files for maps on your smartphones.
Oh! One more thing… if you buy our guide, we would be very grateful if you could tell us what you think of it by leaving your review at the bottom of the book’s sales page. It would be very useful for us to get your feedback and improve it if necessary.